If you’re like me, then you have multiple subscriptions to several different streaming platforms—which are all constantly adding new movies. Which begs the question each successive weekend: What do I watch?
For me, it helps to have all of those new films in one place. So in this article, I’ll run through the biggest new movies on major stream platforms, including Netflix
At the end of the article, you can find a full list of all the new films available to stream this weekend.
Firestarter (Amazon Prime)
A couple desperately try to hide their daughter, Charlie, from a shadowy federal agency that wants to harness her unprecedented gift for turning fire into a weapon of mass destruction. Her father taught her how to defuse her power, but as Charlie turns 11, the fire becomes harder and harder to control. When a mysterious operative finally finds the family, he tries to seize Charlie once and for all — but she has other plans.
A young girl is kidnapped during a powerful storm. Her mother joins forces with her mysterious neighbour to set off in pursuit of the kidnapper. Their journey will test their limits and expose the dark secrets of their past.
The Master (Mubi)
Freddie Quell (Joaquin Phoenix) is a troubled, boozy drifter struggling with the trauma of World War II and whatever inner demons ruled his life before that. On a fateful night in 1950, Freddie boards a passing boat and meets Lancaster Dodd (Philip Seymour Hoffman), the charismatic leader of a religious movement called the Cause. Freddie tries hard to adhere to Dodd’s weird teachings and forms a close bond with his mentor, even as other members of Dodd’s inner circle see him as a threat.
Sidney (Apple TV+)
Historians and film experts honors the legendary Sidney Poitier and his legacy as an iconic actor, filmmaker and activist at the center of Hollywood and the Civil Rights Movement.
On the Come Up (Paramount+)
Sixteen-year-old Bri wants to be one of the greatest rappers of all time. Facing controversies and with an eviction notice staring down her family, Bri doesn’t just want to make it, she has to make it.
Shark Tank: Season 14 Premiere (Hulu)
Reboot is about the dysfunctional cast of an early 2000’s hit sitcom, Step Right Up, who must face their unresolved issues and navigate social media cancel culture when a young writer pitches a reboot of their show.
The Call of the Wild (Disney+)
Buck is a big-hearted dog whose blissful domestic life gets turned upside down when he is suddenly uprooted from his California home and transplanted to the exotic wilds of the Alaskan Yukon in the 1890s. As the newest rookie on a mail-delivery dog sled team, Buck experiences the adventure of a lifetime as he ultimately finds his true place in the world.
Every new movie and show you can stream this weekend
- A Jazzman’s Blues (September 23)
- ATHENA (September 23)
- The Girls at the Back (September 23)
- Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega: Season 2 (September 23)
- Lou (September 23)
- Pokémon: The Arceus Chronicles (September 23)
- Dynasty: Season 5 (September 24)
- Fullmetal Alchemist The Final Alchemy (September 24)
- Firestarter (September 23)
- Memory (September 23)
- September Mornings: Season 2 (September 23)
- Norman Lear: 100 Years of Music and Laughter (September 23)
- Shark Tank: Season 14 Premiere (September 24)
- Dinner in America (September 24)
- Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace?: Season 1 Premiere (September 23)
- Saving Giraffes: The Long Journey Home (September 23)
- Spies in Disguise (September 23)
- The Call of the Wild (September 23)
- Nick News (September 23)
- On the Come Up (September 23)
- Sidney (September 30)
- The Master (September 23)
- Control (September 24)
- The Artist (September 25)